As a certified Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis Instructor, I offer a childbirth education class to students in the Greenville, Spartanburg, Anderson, and Pickens area. Group classes are typically held in Greenville or Greer. Private classes are held in the comfort of your own home. If you pull together a class of at least three couples that you would like me to teach in your home, I will provide a discount for your class fee.
Even without the hypnosis component which provides for a comfortable birthing, the classes are beneficial in their comprehensive childbirth information. Topics include birth positions, nutrition, exercise, stages of labor, informed consent, and more!
I teach the same hypno-anesthesia techniques used by people who undergo surgery with hypnosis as their only anesthesia. The method used is called “Eyes Open Childbirth Hypnosis.” This technique allows Hypnobabies moms to easily remain deeply in hypnosis while walking, talking, changing positions and being as active as they would like to be during childbirth. The materials included with this course include: 10 MP3s for mom, 1Mp3 for partner, workbook, handouts, 7 scripts, a quick reference book, and more. You won’t find these techniques anywhere else.
The classes are offered in 3 hour sessions weekly for 6 weeks.
I am currently enrolling for classes. Please email me (j_byers[at]bellsouth[dot]net) or call (864.254.8392) for more information.
Benefits of using hypnosis for childbirth:
* Fewer drugs or no drugs at all – less risk of side effects on mother and baby.
* Shorter labors – resistance of the birthing muscles as a response to pain is minimized or eliminated.
* An awake, energized mother, due to total relaxation throughout the birthing process.
* A calm, peaceful birthing environment. A comfortable natural birthing also allows for a joyful, rested mother and a calm baby post-partum.
* Breech and posterior babies can often be turned using hypnosis.
* Fewer interventions and complications during labor.
* Babies who are better sleepers and nursers due to fewer drugs in their systems.
Like me on facebook to learn more and hear about classes available. Classes are listed under “Events.”